EA has released The Sims 4 update 1.68 on all platforms and it’s the first patch of the game for 2023! This results in quite a few fixes to the base game, all of which appear in the official The Sims 4 January 17 patch notes.
The Sims 4 Update 1.68 Patch Notes | Patch notes for The Sims 4 January 17:
Console: Version: 1.68
Sol Sol, Simmers!
Happy New Year! We have addressed all sorts of issues in this patch. Thank you all for your patience, and for being vigilant in your reporting. We’ve got a whole year of The Sims 4 ahead of us, and we can’t wait to hear what you think. Happy sign!
-The Sims team
- Toddlers all looked a little too alike. Now, they will reflect on their parents and think about genetics.
- Sims will no longer break the space-time continuum by moving when the game is paused.
- The Mint Green Belted Cardigan (yfTop_CardiganBelted_SolidGreenMintBlack) no longer makes your sim look like human spaghetti.
- The Open Blazer (yfTop_BlazerOpenCollarTucked) now covers the middle of your sim properly.
- A juice party will now be considered Have 3 parties In the Ambition for the party.
- Objects mounted on walls will no longer be removed when a different wall texture is applied Construction status.
- God Check for pen pal answers The option will now display as intended.
- God Back from daycare A message will now appear only once.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering live mode.
- God promise to help Interaction will now trigger in the appropriate states.
- The free build cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) can now be enabled on the fly Make money scenario. This cheat doesn’t even disable achievements/trophies on consoles.
- Duplicates removed Clear Messages around two Activity boards.
- When using off the grid Filter, objects will display the appropriate information about the skill they may affect.
- lockout desires and fears will now function as intended.
- Fixed comfort stats missing comfort items and many items.
- fixed public toilets Description information indicating what they are intended for hygieneinstead of the bladder.
- Sims will be able to use public toilet stalls. Don’t hold it anymore until you get home!
- Adjusting the UI scale from Game Options > Accessibility While creating a sim (CAS) should be more responsive so you can see your matches without waiting.
- God Show: All households list b Household management The menu can be scrolled meaning you can now See Also in all households.
Bust The Dust
- sniff sniff Sims will animate the smell the appropriate amount when their environment is dirty. Nobody likes a dirty litter box!
- When your sim grows up; The width of aliens’ noses, chins and eyes will remain.
- A respectful introduction you will now fulfill the Greet co-workers/patients A task as part of the doctor’s career.
- Sims will no longer freeze to death in summer when interacting with sprinklers. Someone must have forgotten to turn off the air conditioner… we’ll be sure to hand out blankets next time!
- Sims can now schedule vacations when they have a teenager at home. Scheduling family trips is hard enough!
- Work withdrawals are now removed when working in their off hours.
My wedding stories
- Your Sims will no longer talk about planning their wedding ceremony after they get married.
- Werewolves can now change their fur in CAS mode. Forrestly!